Dan Gardner, MD: Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis
Physician and Therapist Communication Coaching
Do patients push your "hot button?"
- Is your patient’s progress stalled or going backwards?
- Is it hard for your patient to understand
and follow your recommendations?
- Is it a challenge to help your patients feel respected
- Do you feel tired, frustrated, annoyed, or powerless
when interacting with your patient?
Would you like more?
We explore the interactions between you and your patient. We view the patient's condition in the context of his wishes and fears, current life situation, past experiences, personality style, and relationships. We also look at the the contributions of physical and emotional conditions, medications, drugs and alcohol, and pain.
Based on our understanding, we develop respectful, empathic, and effective interventions.
As a consultation-liaison psychiatrist and psychoanalyst, I have extensive experience working with individual healthcare providers and treatment teams in acute general hospital, physical rehabilitation, residential treatment, and outpatient healthcare programs.
Read more about my approach to understanding patients in these articles:
* Before We Push Pills: Viewing Traumatic Brain Injury Through the Bio-Psycho-Social Perspective
* The Protective Barrier in Head Injury
Call 858 560 5609 to schedule a free 15-minute consultation. We can meet in person, by phone, or by secure video-conference.
Copyright 2010- 2019, Dan Gardner, MD, All Rights Reserved