Psychotherapy, Psychoanalysis, Traumatic Brain Injury Consultation
Physician Communication Coaching
- Do patients push your "hot button?"
- Is your patient’s progress stalled or going backwards?
- Is it hard for your patient to understand
and follow your recommendations?
- Is it a challenge to help your patients feel respected
and understood in your interactions with them?
- Do you feel tired, frustrated, annoyed, or powerless
when interacting with your patient?
I will work in collegial collaboration with you toward these goals:
* Happy patients and more referrals
* Respectful, considerate, and effective communication with your patients
* Enjoyable, productive doctor-patient working relationships
* Favorable patient satisfaction scores
* Clear communication with your colleagues
We explore the interactions between you and your patient. We view the patient's condition in the context of his wishes and fears, current life situation, past experiences, personality style, and relationships. We also look at the the contributions of physical and emotional conditions, medications, drugs and alcohol, and pain.
Based on our understanding, we develop respectful, empathic, and effective interventions.
As a consultation-liaison psychiatrist and psychoanalyst, I have experience in working with individual healthcare providers and treatment teams in acute general hospital, physical rehabilitation, residential treatment, and outpatient healthcare programs.
Read more about my approach to understanding patients in these articles:
Before We Push Pills: Viewing Traumatic Brain Injury Through the Bio-Psycho-Social Perspective
The Protective Barrier in Head Injury
Please call 858 560 5609 to schedule a consultation.
Hear my interactive voice chat on how to be a good listener.
Copyright 2010- 2017, Dan Gardner, MD, All Rights Reserved